Saturday, January 29, 2011

Looking forward or looking back?

It's your choice but I think a general state of happiness requires something to look forward to.  It's 9:45 and we have to be somewhere at 10am. I've just opened the floodgates of thought here and there's so much more I want to say and I want to say it now while it's fresh lest I lose it all and become a blank vessle by the time we got home and I get to a computer again.

Standing in the kitchen, I felt sad for a moment, that I couldn't have what I wanted - to stay and write until I didn't feel like writing any more. The committments of the day had spoiled my fun and it was all ruined. But having started this exercise this morning made me stop and reframe the problem - yes, it's somewhat disappointing not being able to do something you're enthused to do when you're enthused to do it - but on the other side, I have something to look forward to when I get home. So while I'm at breakfast, I can nibble on that thought for an instant shot of happiness that I'm going to get something I really want and don't have to wait too long... and that will make me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment