Tuesday, February 1, 2011

You need to make a list...

Somehow, I don't know how, but somehow you need to identify things that make you happy or at least bring you pleasure. I'm not talking about long term goals or projects that you can throw yourself into, I'm talking about little things you have immediate control over - that could be a photo of Sox, a packet of something yummy in your desk, a wank in the toilet, an uplifting book you can read on breaks, whatever. For me, one thing that makes me happy is music. Today, I am still fighting sad, particularly after your text this morning which seems incongruent with the way you act toward me (but that's possibly my problem to deal with, not yours?). My weapon of choice to fight sad today is music. John Butler Trio are soothing me in the background today and I think I am happier that they are here than if they were not... John Butler and I are a sad fighting team today. How can sad beat John Butler? I think JB will win convincingly. And I guess that's one of those 'secrets' - happy requires effort and a decision to fight for it, over and over and over again... If you won't fight for it, again and again and again (because it will never be a constant state to be achieved), you can't have it... I don't know if any of this makes sense, or is indeed transferable even if it does, but I'm trying to articulate it the process or function as it works for me as best I can, just in case it can be applied elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment